Minutes October 2019
Minutes from the meeting held at Avebury House
Tuesday 22 October, 2019
Committee: V.Vare – chairperson, D.Duffy – secretary, M.James – treasurer. C.Given, A. Hart, A.Crook.
City Council Representatives: P.Cotter, J.McLellan, M.Lomax.
Apologies: H.Guglietta, A.Jones – accepted
Minutes of the Previous Meeting (August 27)
These were accepted as a true and correct record.
- Payment to D.Duffy to cover Delta Hall hire costs = $55.00 – passed A.Hart/M.James
- Martin Hadlee (Eden Project) was to be approached to speak at our November 26 meeting.
- It was decided to approach the other local organisations based at Avebury House to arrange an early evening gathering to mark our last meeting for the year on December 17
- Planning for Summer with your Neighbours event – November 3 at Petrie Park was discussed and further details defined and responsibilities handed out to committee members.
- Keep N.Z. Beautiful activity update. V.Ware reported that there had been a low turn out on this occasion but that they had managed to clean up a number of streets in the area.
- Election forum review – the evening went well but everybody concerned was disappointed with the low attendance and the low numbers of people voting
- The completion of the Randall/Petrie/Stapletons (between Randall and Dudley) street works was noted.
- C.Given reported that following an inquiry, Recent work on the garden beds from Petrie through to Shirley Road along Dudley creek had been completed The Council are currently revising the contracts for this maintenance.
- It was reported that work on Warden St between Petrie and Hills has gone out to tender this week and scheme design & review of the next six streets is due to commence in two weeks’ time.
- Some discussion revolved around the future use of the site at 10 Shirley Road. The pump track components have been ordered and the track could be in place by Christmas. The table tennis table will also be installed soon.
- Following discussions with the property manager at the Ministry of Education it was decided to initiate an invitation to hold a meeting between interested parties and stakeholders to discuss the possibility of a joint MOE/CCC/Community project to develop a multi-use facility incorporating service centre and library etc on the Shirley
Next meeting – 7.00 p.m. Tuesday, 26 November, at Avebury House