Minutes March 2023
Meeting held at Avebury House
Tuesday, 28 March, 2023
Committee Members: D. DuffyC. Carter, R. Taylor, J. McBride, R. Crawford
Visitors: R. Taylor, L. Brucham, E. Brucham
Apologies: C.Given, P. Cotter, S. Holbrough, M. James, S. Gautam, J. Miller, J. McClellan, W. Robinson
Minutes of Previous Meeting
- Contract payment – R.Crawford – $2670 February payment.
- Community Matters (DIA) Funding granted – $15,000
Major Item 1.
- Feedback from DIA meeting. Discussion on document prepared after February 28 workshop and Community Dot Matrix surveys held at No10 Shirley Rd and the Richmond Gala. Next steps.
Major Item 2:
- Report on the progress of the Petrie Park rejuvenation project. $40,000 parks partnership fund. $25,000 towards landscape plan. Discussion of what will be in the park. Bridget Allen interviewed. Motion: “to contract Bridget Allen with a view to writing and signing a contract”. H. Guglietta/D. Duffy. Thank you to Hayley for all of your hard work.
Current Activity Reports
- Richmond Gala 18 March. Children’s play area was a success. Will contact organisations for the event in Oct.
- Richmond Village Wayfinding Signs. Michelle painting. Need a second copy made for Swanns Rd.
- Roading Report – Poulton Avenue resealing and tree protection work is underway.
- Richmond Village Sign – New cost analysis presented by Craig. Letter to be prepared for circulation amongst business operators to fill sign slots.
- Walking Festival Tuesday 18 April 11am-12pm Adventure Avenue. Volunteers organised.
- Shirley Intermediate Liaison – Pool. Timeline established.
- Community Led Development Programme/DIA Expression of Interest submitted 22 February.
- Dudley Street starling faecal deposits. No further progress reported.
- Rollover R.Crawford’s contract. Moved H. Guglietta/ D.Duffy that the Capacity Builder’s contract be rolled over to 30 September, 2023..
- Avebury Park playground renewal. Submission submitted.
- Urban Forest Plan. H. Guglietta writing key themes.
General meeting concluded at 8:25pm
Next General Meeting: Tuesday 25 April – Avebury House – 7.00 p.m.