Minutes October 2023

Nov 3, 2023 | RR&BA, RRBA Meeting Minutes

Meeting held at Avebury House 9 Eveleyn Couzins Avenue
Tuesday, 24 October, 2023

Committee Members: H. Guglietta (Guest Chairperson), R. Crawford, L. Van Bruchem, R. Taylor, C. Carter, M. James
Council Representatives: S. Holbrough
Apologies: D.Duffy, P. Cotter, M. Adams, J. Miller, C. Given

Minutes of Previous Meeting
Accurate record of September meeting. Moved by R. Taylor/ C. Carter

Current account balance : $63,933.65

Money In

$12,250.00 Strengthening Communities Fund–Capacity Builder Salary

Money Out:

$2340 September Contract payment – R. Crawford
$150 Riverlution Hub Rent October (automatic monthly payment)
$51.11 Charities Services Annual Return

Motion to endorse the payment of the accounts discussed at the last meeting (26 September).

$2070 August Contract payment – R. Crawford
$300 B. Allen August Invoice
$291.98 Canterbury Landscape Supplies (chip)
$1026.26 Contaminated Land Solutions (Petrie Park)

All payments including 26 September were approved. Moved: H. Guglietta Seconded: C. Carter. Passed.


Capacity Builder Contract

“The R.R.B.A. committee agrees to continue the current contract for Rachel Crawford acting as our Capacity Builder from 1 September 2023 to 31 March 2024.”

Moved: R. Taylor. Seconded: H. Guglietta. Passed.

Council Report

S. Holbrough:
10 Shirley Road Submissions can be presented at the 14 December Community Board meeting.
Council spending restrictions on Long Term Plan being prepared.

Current Activity Reports

Petrie Park – Beginning transitional plants planting. Contamination levels will influence planting and landscaping.
Switching to a new graphic designer to design panel details. Community board briefing, further investigation into the quality of soil.
Petrie Park BBQ + Planting Session 21 Nov 5:30-7:30pm BBQ Planting. RRBA Meeting will be held during the event.

Richmond Village Sign – Payments for 4 signs received. Final Costing received.
Contact Liquid Laundromat about removal of top sign. We are Richmond Sign with QR Code.

Richmond Village Carpark – Community Board/CCC doesn’t deal with private property issues, instead the Courts’ authority is needed. David to contact Community Law, and contact WorkSafe regarding pedestrian safety. R. Taylor to contact Worksafe.

Shirley Intermediate Liaison – A sub-committee of potential stakeholders has been formed. Discussions have been held with City Council staff and they are offering encouragement and help with networking, looking at existing models (eg. Belfast), and aspects of project development

Roading Report – Nicholls/Dudley and Stapletons street works to begin in December/ early next year.

Dudley Street – Request submitted to John Miller for regular cleaning of Dudley Street.

Community Led Development Programme/DIA – Further consultation carried out with community at Village Fair

Avon-Otakaro Network Updates – H. Guglietta. Due to start this summer. Eveleyn Couzins road to be shortened, ending at the driveway to Avebury Park. Parking bay put in. Combined nursery for Conservation Volunteers, Riverlution, Avon Otakaro, CCC Rangers will be created. Riverlution Cafe nearing completion. Transitional Resource Consent.

Community Christmas Celebration– 21 December. RRBA will bring drinks and snacks (chips).. M. James to play Santa.

Spring Fair– Review/Feedback. Coffee with the Cops idea proposed by R. Taylor.

Future of the role of Design and Website Maintenance– Ad to be placed online.

Community Law Canterbury are running a legal workshop on the afternoon of Wednesday 06 December for our local community groups because a new law has been passed that applies to all incorporated societies.

Meeting Concluded at 8:20pm

Final Meeting of 2023 during Petrie Park BBQ + Planting Session 21 November 5:30-7:30pm, Petrie Park.