Minutes July 2022
Minutes of the Meeting held over Zoom, Tuesday, 26 July, 2022
Present: H.Guglietta (Chair), Committee Members: D.Duffy, Secretary: R. Crawford, Community Representatives: S.Holbrough, P. Cotter (C.C.C. Papanui Ward), Alexandra Davids
Apologies: M.James (Treasurer), C. Given, G.Partridge
The Minutes of Previous Meeting were accepted.
Correspondence In: Nil
Correspondence Out: Nil
Finance: There was no financial activity to report.
Current Activity Reports
- Roading Repair programme – There are wiring issues affecting start date of Dudley St/ Nicholls St,and Stapletons Rd road repairs, but CCC hope to start in Oct. Petrie St progressing/Chrystal St nearly done.
- Stanmore Rd tattoo shop mural planting event discussed.Need help shifting soil. Combining a planting event with a meet-the-candidate session with a bbq was discussed.
- Will encourage M. James to work towards completing the Richmond Village Sign.
- The future of the RRBA as an Incorporated Society (with committee roles etc) was discussed. RRBA needs to retain status as a charity at this point, for funding and to provide support and initiatives for Richmond to strengthen, enliven the suburb.
- The next RRBA AGM’s date is 30 Aug. The meeting format was discussed. Possible short AGM followed by a short candidate forum afterwards. Will query the committee as to what format they’d prefer.
- Plastic Free July facebook campaign highlighting Richmond shops has been successful so far.
- A resolution was moved to apply for Rata Foundation Funding. To be ratified at next meeting
- D.Duffy suggested a future project: Signboards showing the history of Richmond streets’ naming.
- Petrie Park soil testing to be done, which will determine whether remediation is needed or not.
- Richmond wayfinding signs sent to get quoted for re-engraving after vandalism.
- The Richmond alleyway bug painting event was a success, with over 30 people coming to paint in mid-July, many families. One more event will be planned for late August/early September.
Pauline Cotter discussed flooding and for residents to take photos (now and in future occurrences) and email them to CCC or your local representative for action.
Stacey Holborough discussed due date of Summer with your Neighbours (12 August). Also discussed Local Body Elections nominations close 12 August.
Alexandra Davids thanked We are Richmond for holding the alleyway painting event and being a part of it.
The meeting closed at 8:05 p.m.
Next General Meeting: Tuesday August 23 – Avebury House – 7.00 p.m.