Minutes June 2022
Minutes of the Meeting held at Richmond Club, Tuesday, 28 June, 2022
Present: M.James (Chair/Treasurer)
Committee Members: C. Given, D.Duffy
Apologies: G.Partridge, S.Holbrough, P.Cotter (C.C.C. Papanui Ward).
The Minutes of Previous Meeting were accepted.
Correspondence In: Nil
Correspondence Out: Nil
Finance: There was no financial activity to report. Budgeting for the art project was discussed.
Current Activity Reports
- Roading Repair programme – Thank you C.Given and D.Duffy for your hard work over the years to develop a relationship with CCC Transport Section. C.Given created an Online Interactive Map available on the RRBA website. Chrystal Street repairs to be completed in the next few weeks.
- Petrie Park–a meeting was held with the CCC Park Ranger regarding the former bowling club grounds. Soil samples to be taken. After results are received, community engagement will begin.
- RRBA’s Ururangi tree, and the event Seeking/Ararapu Matariki in the Zone was successful. Suggestions about improving next year’s larger event were made.
- Richmond Village Sign delayed due to lack of worker availability–it will take 2-3 full days of volunteer work to complete the job.
- Contact made with local businesses to promote their shops online during Plastic Free July. Contact will be made with New World about potential soft plastics recycling.
- Richmond Artwork Project to start soon, to create a design unique to Richmond. The aim is to get the design completed by September, and items printed by October.
- Alleyway Bug Painting event for children last month was successful. A second event will be scheduled in the first week of the July school holidays to complete the project.
- A request was made to make Funding Applications, and their status, to be available at meetings.
- A suggestion to start a closer working relationship with The Richmond Club was raised.
- The Tattoo Shop Mural rain garden work to commence in the next few weeks by M.James.
- Explore Richmond Signs need to be re-engraved after being vandalised, an engraver is being sought.
Council Reports: None
The meeting closed at 9:15 p.m.
Next General Meeting: Tuesday 26 July – The Richmond Club – 7.00 p.m.