Minutes February 2022

Feb 23, 2022 | RRBA Meeting Minutes

Minutes of the Meeting held at Avebury House, Tuesday, 22 February, 2022

Present: Committee: H.Guglietta (chair), D.Duffy, (secretary), M.James (treasurer), J.McBride, C.Given

Residents: R.Crawford

Visitors: A.Davids (C.C.C. Central Ward) P. Cotter (C.C.C. Papanui Ward).

Apologies: G.Partridge, S.Holbrough

The Minutes of Previous Meeting were accepted.


Inwards: Nil

Outwards: Nil

Treasurer’s Report: 

There was no financial activity to report. Budgeting for the Capacity Builder’ contract and for paying for the paint for a community project had been approved prior to the meeting.

Planning Targets for 2022

The following areas were targeted for action during 2022:

  • Richmond Road repair programme
  • Establishing a monthly community weeding programme
  • Developing the role of the capacity builder
  • Better utilisation of our core brand by developing better communication networks
  • Supporting local schools with community support and in-school programmes
  • Creative learning environments in Richmond
  • Contributing towards the development of the commercial heart of Richmond
  • Developing the Wayfaring project

Current Activity Reports

  • Roading Repair programme – C.Given and D.Duffy to meet with Council staff on 24 Feb to discuss; (1) road repairs in Nicholls/Dudley, Stapletons, Chrystall and Petrie Streets; (2) Progress on the cycle safety route; (3) resealing and tree protection work in Poulton Ave; (4) installation of 40 k.p.m. speed zone; (5) Works planned under the Christchurch Amenities Relief Fund.
  • There has been a gradual programme of replacement and improvement along the parts of the Wayfinding Trail. This will be continued.
  • Rachel Crawford was appointed as We Are Richmond Capacity Builder. The contract and job description were given final approvement and signed at the meeting. Rachel will formally commence her duties on March 1.
  • Approaches to the LiVS programme staff have come to a standstill. Further efforts will be made to contact staff to explore any further options.
  • The February 16 Weedathon attracted a dozen residents and a 60 metre stretch along the Stapletons Rd walkway was cleared of weeds. It is planned to have another Weedathon on March 13 and efforts will be made to establish a working relationship with City Care so that the rubbish is cleared promptly.
  • M. James is to prepare the framing of the new signs and J.McBride will continue efforts to get the signs made for the Richmond Village Sign.
  • Some publicity of the Dudley Street bird problem has resulted in renewed interest and efforts by the Papanui/Innes Community Board to try and find a way of alleviating the bird faeces problem in the street.
  • There has been a marked increase in the number of petty crime incidents involving vandalism, burglaries and theft in Richmond recently. H.Guglietta has undertaken to join forces with other community organisations to gather data recording the incidents as they occur. This data will later be used to provide a backdrop for the presentation to a future general meeting by Police.

Council Reports:

Both P.Cotter and A. Davids answered a range of questions about a number of local and national issues and many of these will be followed up by the R.R.B.A members


The meeting closed at 8.50 p.m.

Next Formal Meeting: Tuesday May 24 – Avebury House – 7.00 p.m.