Minutes September 2022
Minutes of the Meeting held at Richmond Club, Tuesday, 27 Sept, 2022
Present: D.Duffy (chair)
Committee Members: J.McBride, C.Carter, H.Guglietta
Residents: M.Adams, H.Baker
Apologies: C.Given, M.James, S.McPaike
The Minutes of Previous Meeting were accepted.
Correspondence In: Nil
Correspondence Out: Nil
● Village sign–endorsement of arrangement job payment
● Endorsement of Capacity Builder contract
Current Activity Reports
● Spring Fair 16 Oct. Activities, competition–Richmond Club to sponsor a voucher (H.Baker). Shirley
Intermediate to get involved with games? (M.Adams)
● Election campaign. J.McBride printed corflutes. Candidate statements to be posted online.
● Progress of wooden Richmond Village Wayfinding Signs quote.
● Tattoo Shop Mural Planting was a success–most plants are now in the ground.
● Mural Painting/ with Mayoral Candidates was a success–good turnout, visibility, mural nearly
complete. Metal tree trellises still to be attached–plants will grow up along them.
● Petrie Park Environment Canterbury’s Waitaha Action to Impact Fund application submitted ($6300)
PACE student to help. Soil testing. Signage. Printing flyers. Aim for autumn planting.
● New World Soft Plastics Recycling progress. R.Crawford to contact G.Boock.
● Harvey Terrace statement to Councillors re: allocation of Red Zone land in Harvey Terrace. Hearing is
● Sustainability and Innovation Fund discussion H.Guglietta. Petrie Park. Cycleway. Due end Oct.
Possible partnership with Shirley Intermediate with carving for wayfinding signs.
PO Box 26-097,
● Roading Report Poulton Ave resurface and new tree protection to start in October. Nicholls St, Dudley
St, and the top of Stapletons Rd on schedule to start in October.
● Richmond Village Sign Progress–hope to be completed by the end of the year.
● Walking Festival 8 April – 23 April 2023. RRBA can host an Adventure Ave Walk/Circuit for children.
H.Baker to liaise with sections at Richmond Club to gauge interest. RRBA to support existing walking
events hosted by Richmond organisations.
The meeting closed at 9 p.m.
Next General Meeting: Tuesday Oct 25 – Richmond Club – 7.00 p.m.